A programmer, always reboot.
- 10+ years experiences of software engineering.
- Programming languages:
- BE major in modern Java, Kotlin, Spring Boot;
- FE practical in Dart, Flutter, TypeScript;
1/2018 - Current
Asavie Technologies, Dublin, Ireland
An Irish Telecoms tech company, providing secure networking for mobile and IoT.
- IoT Cloud Connector
- Platform API v2.0
- Responsibility for cost efficient new greenfield project;
- Building secure, scalable, Cloud-based Micro-services;
- Talking with Core team in a lot of mobile networking stuff, APN, L2/L3, PCRF/PCEF, etc;
- Talking with API team in REST and OpenAPI;
- Java 11, Kotlin, Spring Boot;
- Redis, Google Cloud SQL;
- Docker, GCP Kubernetes, Terraform;
- AWS IoT Core, Azure IoT Hub, GCP IoT Core, etc
12/2012 - 1/2018
Synchronoss Technologies, Ireland
An American Telecoms tech company, doing Mobile Cloud, Messaging, Digital Transformation solution.
- Verizon Personal Cloud
- Agile team with PM, Scrum Master, DevOps(7), QA(3);
- Large scale projects, supporting tens of millions of subscribers;
- Big data process, PB-level;
- Hybrid Cloud based, SDN with OpenStack, and AWS Cloud;
- Micro-services, a lot of components containerised and orchestrated;
- Java 8, Spring, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud;
- JUnit, Mockito, Cucumber;
- Redis, Cassandra, MySQL;
- Docker, Mesos, Marathon;
- Confluence, JIRA, Bamboo(CI/CD);
5/2012 - 8/2012
LERO, University of Limerick, Ireland
An Irish Software Engineering Research Centre.
- Research assistant in FastFix, an EU FP7 project.
- Development Eclipse Plugin, for extracting any Java projects system models and applying self-healing code.
- Tech stack: Java, Eclipse Plugin, State Machines, etc.
5/2011 - 8/2011
An Irish tech company from Cork, doing Set-Top-Box media systems.
- Project: PMTV(Personal Media TV)
- As an intern, I coded performance test suite from scratch.
- Tech stack: Java, SLAMD framework, SoapUI, etc.
1/2010 - 12/2010
宇时信息 YouthSoft, Beijing
A tech company develops and supplies information systems for vary central and local governments bureau.
- GIS Data Exchange System for Land and Resources Bureau of Shanxi Province
- Greenfield project built from scratch by 3 mates. one PM, one frontend developer, and ME as backend developer.
- A lot of first line codes, whilst a lot of research, documentation.
- On-site systems deployment and test, in distributed locations, cities of the province.
- Java, SSH, ExtJS, Oracle 11g, Oracle AQ (Advanced Queue), XML Schema, etc.
3/2008 - 12/2009
雅信致知 Yatio, Beijing
A startup tech company, founded by a Tsinghua PhD who talked a lot of Video service and Cloud Computing back the day already.
- FIGE Enterprise website platform, WordPress-like but enterprise-oriented as a Service.
- IZO video systems, Youtube-like but enterprise-oriented as a Service.
- Where I successfully transferred my career from accountant to software developer.
- From day one, I started to learn new technologies whilst working. (What you knew, never satisfy what you need.)
- I was promoted from Junior to the project owner, although it was actually because previous owner left.
- Where also initialised partnership with my wife who was UI designer in the team.
- Java, JSP, HTML, DIV+CSS, JDBC, MySQL, SQLite, etc.
7/2007 - 2/2008
达内科技 Tarena Technologies, Beijing
- Software Engineer Trainee
- Final project: partial systems of BOSS from AsiaInfo Tech.
- Learned C++, Java, Oracle SQL, Spring, Struts, Hibernate, etc.
7/2006 - 6/2007
成都市政 Chengdu Municipal Engineering Group, Sichuan
- Accountant at Financial department.
- There was no Internet connection, due to financial security reason at the time.
- The only software allowed to use at a shared computer, were Yonyou ERP and Ms Office.
- I made the decision, that I had to converse my career as quick and early as possible.
9/2011 - 8/2012
University College Dublin, Ireland
- M.Sc. Computer Science
1/2011 - 5/2011
Waterford Institute of Technology, Ireland
- English Language Programmes
9/2002 - 6/2006
Sichuan Agricultural University, China
- Major in B.A. Financial Management && Minor in Arts Design
- In first year, I passed the National Computer Level II exam, by using QBasic.
- I had my first DIY computer in year 2, cost me three grands RMB which was like one year tuition fee, or half of my scholarship.
9/1999 - 6/2002
Qixia High School, Shandong Province, China
- In the summer 2000, I joined in a camp with very few mates, could be counted on fingers.
- Started to learn computer programming in QBasic, and fully lost in the later National competition.
- Got criticized by class teacher, because of learning something useless for college entrance exam.
9/1995 - 6/1999
Songshan Secondary School, Shandong Province, China
- In 1996, at Grade 7 (12-year-old), my first time in life to touch a computer from my village school.
- And I learned the Wubi Chinese input method and DOS OS, following to pass National Computer Level I exam.
- Rarely touched the teacher’s computer, which was the only one coming with a Mouse and using
Windows 95 OS.
Provincial Outstanding Graduates, Sichuan Province, China
Outstanding Graduates, Sichuan Agricultural University, China
2003, 2004, 2005
Merit Student, Sichuan Agricultural University, China
National Scholarship, China
Provincial Scholarship, Sichuan Province, China
The First Prize School Scholarship, Sichuan Agricultural University
The Special Prize School Scholarship, Sichuan Agricultural University